Great African Expedition – 57 days
Ref – TTTV88
From R23 250 pp
Terms & Conditions Submit
- Uganda: Kampala, the lively capital. Lake Bunyoni, spectacular scenery. Jinja, Nile rafting. The Equator Crossing.
- Kenya: Nairobi, extend your stay to explore the sites. The Great Rift Valley. Lake Nakuru National Park and lake. Meet local children at the East African Mission Organisation. Lake Naivasha, the highest Rift Valley lake. The Masai Mara, Kenya’s finest wildlife reserve. Masai Mara tribal lands.
- Zanzibar:Pristine beaches & historic Stone Town (UNESCO-listed).
- Zambia: South Luangwa NP, Livingstone & Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Zambia’s gateway to Victoria Falls (optional).
- Zimbabwe:UNESCO Listed Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world.
- South Africa: The Cederberg Area and the Gariep River. Cape Town, extend your stay to explore the city. Township Tour.
- Gorilla Trekking(an optional excursion). Bwindi or Mgahinga Gorilla park in Uganda.
- Tanzania: Arusha, the safari gateway. UNESCO Listed Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater. Views of Mt Meru and Mt Kilimanjaro. Pangani, a historical coastal town. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania’s largest city. Mikumi National Park (transit only).
- Malawi: Lake Malawi, one of the African Great Lakes, with beautiful beaches, bays and inlets
- Botswana:Chobe National Park, famous for its herds of elephants. Okavango Delta.
- Namibia: Fish River Canyon, the world’s 2nd largest canyon. Namib Naukluft National Park – Sossusvlei & Dune 45 (optional). Etosha National Park, Namibia’s finest wildlife sanctuary. Swakopmund, a charming colonial coastal town.
- Arrival transfer from Nairobi Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- Mikumi National Park (transit only)
- Cape Town Township Tour (only included on 2018 departures), Wine tasting in Cederberg, half day canoeing on the Orange River, transfer to Sossusvlei for Desert Walk
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise.
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Kenya Comfort Hotel, 2 nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund and 50 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided.
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- 50 breakfasts, 44 lunches and 43 dinners
- Park entry – Lake Naivasha NP and Victoria Falls NP. Park entry & game drive – Chobe NP, Etosha NP, South Luangwa NP, Lake Nakuru NP and Masai Mara, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP
- All road taxes and tolls
- 2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion (camping)
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda, Uganda and DRC, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture
- Optional activities