Big Five Explorer Safari Northbound – 36 days
Ref – TTTV75
From R26 000 pps
Zimbabwe:UNESCO Listed Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world.
Zambia: South Luangwa NP, Livingstone & Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Zambia’s gateway to Victoria Falls (optional).
Zanzibar:Beautiful northern beaches & historic Stone Town (UNESCO-listed).
Gorilla Trekking(an optional excursion). Bwindi or Mgahinga Gorilla park in Uganda.
Kenya: Nairobi, extend your stay to explore the sites. The Great Rift Valley. Lake Nakuru National Park and lake. Meet the local children at the East African Mission Organisation. Lake Naivasha, the highest Rift Valley lake. The Masai Mara, Kenya’s finest wildlife reserve. Masai Mara tribal lands.
Botswana:Chobe National Park, famous for its herds of elephants.
Malawi: Lake Malawi, one of the African Great Lakes, with beautiful beaches, bays and inlets.
Tanzania: Arusha, the safari gateway. The Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. Views of Mt Meru and Mt Kilimanjaro. Pangani, a historical coastal town. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania’s largest city. Mikumi National Park (transit only).
Uganda: Kampala, the lively capital. Lake Bunyoni, spectacular scenery. Jinja, Nile rafting. The Equator Crossing.
- Arrival transfer from Victoria Falls Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- Park entry – Lake Naivasha NP. Park entry and game drives – Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP, Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru NP South Luangwa and Chobe NP
- All road taxes and tolls
- 1st night permanent dome tents at Shearwater Explorers Village and 31 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided.
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- 30 breakfasts, 28 lunches, 29 dinners
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise.
- Sleeping bag – please bring your own
- International flights and visas
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720 – 870, paid in USD
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda, Uganda and DRC, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into.
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture